Originally Posted by akflyer
Lets say your state requires hunter orange, so you wear appropriate vests and hats while you walk to your spot. Now you pop up a blind and disappear inside. Seems like you might be complying with the letter of the law, but not the intent. Wouldn't it be a good idea to put some Blaze orange in proximity, on a bush or limb, or top of blind? Do some states address this? What do you do?...

My state, Mississippi, doesn't require you to wear orange inside an enclosed shooting blind. Many people hunt out of shooting houses over food plots and it's kind of silly to have to wear orange inside of them. I personally wish the orange requirement would go away, I don't believe it increases safety. I think it's one of those issues where everyone's become conditioned to believe that they'll automatically be shot if they're without orange and it's just not true. Several western states don't require orange and their mishap rate is as low or lower than many states that do require orange, and their hunter density numbers are probably just as high as my state.

I wouldn't put orange outside a blind, that's kind of silly in my opinion. Any place where I have to worry about getting shot by some idiot while sitting in a blind is a place I wouldn't want to be hunting. I'd give up hunting before I'd hunt in a place like that.