So I bought one in 300winmag. The idea of a sub 7lb all up magnum interested me. I already have a couple Kimber Montana's in 308win and 223 and also a T3 in 308win so to complete my lightweight lineup I needed a lightweight magnum.
I started at sportsmans....I dont recall the exact price but it was right at $775 or so OTD. When I picked it up I also grabbed a box of Winchester Supremes loaded with 180gr Nosler Accubonds. When I got it home last night I weighed it...Not 5.8lbs but right at 5lbs 10ozs with the factory supplied rings and mag in the gun. I then (after reading the Tikka ring thread) went to the hardware store and bought some high grade stainless/metric button head cap screws and sockett head cap screws to replace the factory ones......Grabbed a Leupy VX2 2x7x33lr I had in the safe and mounted her up. With the scope mounted...no ammo or sling It weighs right at 6lbs 8ozs.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Today, after a good cleaning of the gun/bore I loaded it up and headed to the range.......Now regardless of how some of you feel about "barrel break in" I've done it and not done it and have'nt seen a difference so I did'nt do it on this one as well. Here are the results...First and second shots I was twisting on the adjustments and then I let 3 rounds fly for a group of right at .580 or so.

[Linked Image]
I remembered why I liked these Tikkas so much my 308win was just as easy...no fussin around trying to find a handload that works or having 3-4 half shot boxes of factory stuff. I later fired 2 more 5 shot groups that both measured right around .800.....All with off the shelf Winchester Ammo. Now as far as looks go It aint as handsome as the kimbers...fit and finish is about what you would expect on a mostly plastic rifle, but for a Sub 7lb all up magnum that most guys can afford I dont see how you can go wrong.