I picked up a 223 super lite a few months back. In comparing it to my 270 lite I felt the super lite balanced some better for offhand shooting though the lite balances very well in itself.

I haven't had time to do loading for the rifle so I picked up some 64 gr. Fed blue box ammo and put them through the rifle. Groups were slightly over 1" which surprised me as my 270 shot anything I fed it under 3/4.

I'm eager to load for the 223 as I'm sure the rifle will do far better. It was a bad sunny morning with the sun positioned at about 2:00 with a breeze. Nodody seemed to be getting groups.

Next trip will be hand loads with lapua brass in the evening with the sun at my back. I'm expecting to see bullets touching which I think is not uncommon for a tikka.

Congrats on the 300 win mag! Not a lot of rifles you can load and shoot groups like that with little effort however the tikkas seem to have a long history of doing just so.

With the 180 Accubond and groups like that coupled with the power of the 300 win mag you should be good for way out there! Grin

Shod

The 6.5 Swede, Before Gay Was Ok