Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
ime IWB holsters add too much bulk,

I use a Brommeland IWB holster, & outside of a Nossar, it's the thinnist I've seen. Most any IWB with a 1911 is a fair sized piece of leather by nature of the size of the gun.

The Brommeland has more forward can't than most, which I like & that helps it pull the butt in snugly against my body making concealment relatively easy.

For virtually any use I prefer it over the shirt thing.

Next best alternative is a pocket pistol, but, IMO that's generally pretty limiting as to the the horsepower of the gun.

A lightweight J-frame is about the max size for pocket carry; I have a S&W 340PD that weighs 12 oz empty, & it is fine if I have fairly baggy pants with a loose pocket. It'll handle 357's but that's just too much for a gun that light & small, so I only carry it with 38's & therein lies the constraint with pocket pistols, IMO

Brommeland Leather

Nossar Gunleather

(Getting anything from Nossar quick is like pulling teeth.......he's actually in Peru, but it's wonderful stuff)

Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

Montana Man do you actually have and use one of the 5.11 shoulder holster shirts you linked? If so I'd be interested to hear how it actually performs.

Yes, I actually have 2...........fit is important as it needs to be very snug & it's definitely best when used with a lightweight gun. My 20 oz Glock 27 works pretty well in it but a 38 oz 1911 just does not. If yours isn't pretty snug, you might want to try a size smaller.

MM