Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Bear �

I�m with you. When I work up loads I generally start with known data for another bullet. That has worked pretty well.

John Barsness was talking about �inefficient manufacturing�. Not sure why, as I don�t care if they are made by elves on blue moon nights using a water wheel for power. Making them is not my problem, and Mike was much more efficient than that. Further, what is �efficient� for turning out 10�s of thousands or millions of bullets is often horribly inefficient of capital when turning out much smaller quantities. Thus I don�t know that I would agree that Mike�s processes were �inefficient�. Low volume, yes, but I�m more concerned with how they work than how many are being made.

North Forks are superb bullets in my experience � very accurate and highly �efficient� on game every time I�ve tried them.

My guess is that he is talking about the fact that they are a "boutique bullet" made in a small shop which drives the price way up over what they would cost if they were made by the ten thousands! Federal made the TBBC better and cheaper when they bought it!

Maybe if they bought out NF and turned them out en masse, the price would be right in line with other premium bullets instead of frightfully expensive. I have never used one, so I can't comment from personal experience, but the ones in the photos sure seem to suggest that the [much cheaper] TSX is a very good bear bullet as well.

If TSXs were made in someone's garage on an old Swiss machine, I am sure we would be having this same discussion about how good they are- and expensive- they are!-

Wow- I wrote this before I got to the end of the thread and read your last couple of posts. I happen to agree with the inefficient manufacturing theory to a large extent. Sometimes, however, we just gotta have what we gotta have and are somehow convinced, whether right or wrong that we have it all figured out.

Last edited by dennisinaz; 01/04/11.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.