I like .325. If paired with the right rifle it's pretty cool. For instance, in a short action 22" BLR it's a whole lotta whupass in a very light, compact package. Likewise, I bought a Montana in .325 for elk and have been very pleased with how it's done.

The knocks on .325 are two. First, Winchester really pretty much flat out lied about it's performance, saying it was more powerful than a .338. That alienated some folks. Second, IF a person intends to shoot past 450, 500 yards the .325 is the worst of the bunch as far as the WSM's; there just aren't any good hunting bullets with a high BC. So, there's where the 300 WSM really kills it. Run the numbers on a .325 shooting 200-gn NAB's ( BC .450) at 2900 fps, vs. a 300 wsm shooting 200-gn NAB's (BC .588) at 2875 fps. It ain't purty. smile

That second point gets a lot of play around here. Seems like half the guys here choose a cartridge based on paper ballistics out to xxx yards... generally way further than they'd ever actually shoot. I'm certainly guilty! I can say that an accurate .325 will get you to 500 yds just fine- having done that a bunch- but it really does seem to peter out about there....

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!