Hunter Jim,

You bring up a valid point about consumer trust. If a company operates in a not so straight foward manner, as Sako, (Beretta), has in this case, not much more needs to be said. Actions speak volumes. Words only carry so much weight. I remember back in the mid 90's when Winchester introduced their 1001 O/U shotgun. They were beautiful. A friend of mine purchased one. A few months later they were ALL recalled because a couple blew up for no apparant reason. Much like these Sakos are now. Winchester had recall notices, some as large as half a page, plastered in every gun rag published. Within 90 days they had all the guns back, and gave every customer a full refund. My friend was even reinbursed for custom stock and forcing cone work he had done to the gun. No one was seriously hurt because of Winchesters quick and prompt action. I would not hesitate to purchase anything from Winchester, and have bought several of their guns since. You couldn't give me a Sako if Pamela Anderson delivered it with a free set of Firestone Tires! Trust in business is everything. Sako has lost mine, and several others as well. billt

Last edited by billt; 05/18/05.