I haven't seen a thread about the M-6s. Yes, there was one I know of about 760s. In 1981 Rem. introduced the M-4,7400, auto & M-6 pump along w/7600. I still have the '81 Rem gun and cartridge catalog. There was ONLY $20. difference yet they didn't sell enough M-6s to justify continuing production.

The M-6 was only a cosmetic upgrade of the 7600 but for $20. you got a much PRETTIER forearm & butt stock. Also in the bottom of the receiver, in front of the clip, the case head of the cartridge was embedded, indicating caliber.

The M-6 was SLICK looking for those who like pump action rifles. I had had a few 760s but the M-6 was/is EYE CANDY for a pump. I also like the larger locking lugs of the bolt (don't know if there is any REAL improvement, but looked like there could be).

Having grown up shooting a pump shotgun it was a NATURAL step to a pump rifle. I never had one (760 or M-6) that RATTLED as some have reported. I know a guy who had a 760 that rattled, IF you held the forearm & pistol grip and twisted in opposite directions. ( don't know why you would do that in a hunting situation).

I have only let one M-6 get away from me. It was an 06 with a horrible trigger. I had another 06 at the time so I didn't get a trigger job done to the M-6. NOW I wish I had kept it. You can occasionally find a M-6 at gun shows but it's hard to find one in really good appearance.

I have found the pumps to be AS accurate as the normal production run bolt rifles. I currently have 6mm, 270, & 06 calibers. They are fun to hunt and a VERY natural action to cycle when firing.

Are there others out there who have and appreciate the M-6s or am I in a small minority (about guns) on this subject too.

JWALL

My Favorite Bumper Stick

VEGETARIAN....Indian Word For Poor Hunter

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!