W m: I think you got lucky with the stock of your 760. Over the years I have seen a lot of 760s and yours has the best wood I've seen on one.

I was thinking the M 6 was produced a little longer than 7 yrs. but no matter. I would guess that you bought your 760 new in 1979. I may have misunderstood you but the 1981 Rem cat. shows pics of both the M6 & 7600 as NEW in '81. When introduced the 6 was only $20. more.

Rem. "said" the larger lugs were an improvement and I don't know if either one is better than the other. The 760 & 7600 (6) have been in production for a long time. They both work and work well. As you mentioned accuracy is not to be snuffed at so practically there may be no difference in the bolts.

I've read that Penn. may be the state where the pumps are the most popular. In the south you see them scattered around but they aren't the most popular rifle. I don't own an auto, and have more bolts than pumps, but the pumps are a NATURAL to shoot when hunting.

For guys who aren't used to a pump shotgun it might take some time getting used to a pump rifle. From long years of use of pumps, shotguns & rifles, the action has become second nature. I know one thing tho. I never missed a deer because I was hunting a pump.

JWALL

My Favorite Bumper Sticker

VEGETARIAN.... Indian Word For Poor Hunter

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!