What are the differences between the two Remington Ti models, assuming a 7-08:
Weight? Blind magazine or Hinged Floorplate? Stock? Barrel?

It appears that the the Generation 1 model is more highly regarded? Is gen 2 decent? When (what year) did the model change over? Would you restock one or the other with a McMillian Edge to save weight?

I've got a 1989 or so era Model Seven with the Kevlar stock, rebarreled to .260 with a #2 @ 22" barrel. With a 3-9 FFII & Talley LWs it comes in at about 6-3/4#s. I got the rifle new as a prize for winning the Hunting and Fishing News monthly photo contest! I never liked the 18.5" barrel on the .243, even though it was plenty accurate.....too much muzzle blast. I really like the Kevlar stock as it is slender....are either of the Ti stocks comparable?

Thanks for the information. I am looking to potentially add a super light sheep capable rifle to the mix and am debating lightening what I already own or getting a Ti. Any comments? I live in BC after 35 years in Colorado and will hunt stones (with the bow, but am likely to take a back-up rifle if a non-hunting friend comes along to help pack).

My .260 shoots Todd Bartell's "old load" of H4831SC and 130 gr Accubonds into 3/4" for 5 shots at 100 meters. 95 gr V-Maxs with Varget go into the same group as well.

Alot of questions. Thanks for the replies.

Blockcaver