Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Thanks for the input guys.... never explored the medium heavy duty knife world before... would be easy to spend a bunch of money esp on the Bark River Bravo 1 with up grade scales and an extra cross draw sheath...

The ESEE 5 has a lot going for it IMO... really wish it didn't have the skull on the blade though... seems like a prosecuting attorney would just love to see that if the knife was ever used in defense.

I have a small Dozier that came with a cross draw Kydex sheath... I find this to be a very handy carry system for a knife with a 3" blade... not so sure about how it would workout with a 4" or 5" blade though... thoughts?

The idea of a shoulder rig with a medium heavy knife on one side and flashlight and spare clip of ammunition on the other might have some merit... who makes such a rig? Pretty sure I would want Kydex there too...

Lowest base price I have found on the ESEE 5 was $148.95 and the Bravo 1 was $187.95 IIRC. If someone is aware of better pricing I would appreciate a PM about it.

Thanks again.

www.knifesupply.com has good prices on bark rivers. Just keep checking as their inventory rotates and don't expect much feed back from them. They have not failed after 3 barks I bought from them.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?