Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Most are smart enough not to take a bite of a schit sandwich, just to see what it tastes like.

YMMV...
Lol, probably true. That being said I bought one before I knew anything about scopes, and that's why I have it. I've not found it nearly as bad as people make out cheap scopes online for. Or for that matter, any cheap scope I've used.

I've just been surprised by the number of people I've run into using these scopes out in the field, or other very similar scopes.

I've always heard how horrible cheap scopes are online, and for some reason they have always intrigued me. I will be the first to admit I like quality optics, and I don't often buy cheap optics anymore unless it's just to test out, but on the ones I've tested the gap is surprisingly small. That coupled with talking to a few guys that have them locally, made me wonder what the opinion of others who had them were.

As I said though, I just can't believe the number of people I've run into hunting, or my friends that hunt that refuse to use decent optics, and they still hardly ever have any problems. They don't have great glass quality, but the scopes usually work. Other than myself, I only know of 3 guys other than myself in our group of about 20 that hunts with a scope that cost more than $120. Two of those are Simmons Aetec's, one old and one new, and the third is a Nikon Buckmasters.