Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Good glass is an advantage I won't be without. Great glass is almost like cheating.

Schit glass is a handicap.

Just because some of the masses intentionally handicap themselves does not mean that it's a good idea for you to do the same. Knowing better, and gravitating back toward a poor decision is surely a sign that I'd rather not have attributed to me.

YMMV...
While I agree I like good glass, and like great glass even better, I don't find the glass in this thing to be a handicap. It's clear enough that I can hunt throughout the whole legal hunting light. I can see up until the time to quit. That's my point about this. It's not like looking through a Coke bottle like many people say cheap scopes are, it's not blurry, it's not cloudy, foggy, or anything else. Is it as good as the Burris FFII I normally use? No, but it's slightly better in low light than the Leupold VX-I I've also got. That's not glass that's going to handicap most hunters. Would I take it on a Safari no, but for a gun that gets shot a couple of times per year, it's worked so far, and I've never felt I had a disadvantage because of the glass. I'd also probably not use it on my main hunting rifle.

I've used some other cheap scopes where the glass was crap and they would be a large disadvantage especially towards the end of the legal hunting hours, but neither this nor the cheaper Simmons I used in the past were like that at all.

That's why I was curious if I just got lucky, or if this is the norm, or what others experiences were.

Last edited by slowr1der; 02/16/11.