I'm with Mark on the size of caribou. I've hunted them across the continent and have yet to see a 500-pound bull--though some mountain caribou reach that size. The biggest-bodied caribou live near the 60th parallel of latitude, the northern border of BC, Alberta, Sakatchewan and Manitoba, which is a lot further south than Alaska. About 350 pounds is closer to average for a mature Alaskan bull.

What this thread is proving so far as that about any bullet works well in the 7mm-08, because like the 7x57 it doesn't put too much stress on bullets. I also like Mark's suggestion of the 139 Hornady Spire Point, partly because I've taken caribou with it. The bullet holds up fine, even when shot faster at close range, and kills quicker on average than some of the super-bullets suggested--which sometimes helps when anchoring a sheep where it won't fall off a cliff. The 140 Ballistic Tip would be another good one.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck