Originally Posted by TheProRifle
. . . I can hold 5 inches at 100 yards from a sandbag and 45 year old eyes. I spent a couple of hours and couldn't get them to group. As I came down to the last few rounds I just rattled them off and wow they all went in the black. . . .

The bench groups from my 94s are disappointing, but not the groups from standing or sitting. I haven't come up with a satisfactory answer for this yet. I shoot 85-90 standing on a SR-1 with the 94s, but they all average 3"-5" for five five-shot groups from a bench. I don't shoot any better standing with my scoped bolt action rifles that will shoot 1" - 2" for five five-shot groups.

The only thing I shoot better standing is a Turkish 98 with a Williams FP, 1/16" brass bead front and a new crown. This rifle went 2.4" average for the five five-shot groups. The stock on this rifle is what seems to work so well for me, but the rifle is too slow into action for hunting. I used it in the past with results that were mixed because of this slowness.

Bottom line, if you're shooting this rifle well don't sweat the large bench groups. They make load development and sighting in tougher, but when you're there you're there.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.