Originally Posted by Reno

- Do these numbers sound like reasonable objectives if I'm committed to handloads?
- Do I explore what amount of freebore jump the rifle likes with that bullet now (before lengthening the throat) and then add that to the .090" and use that for the reaming target depth?
- How much will seating the bullet .140" farther out of the case effect the internal ballistics and propellant charge requirements/limits?

- Like Savage 99 I would not touch a copper bullet unless forced to by law. The lead core bullets provide more controlled expansion over a wide velocity range and better ballistic coefficients.
- I would explore the freebore first. You most likely will find that your gun will shoot best just short of the lands or even a few thou into the lands. With a bullet seated the full length of the neck and with 0.002" or more neck tension there will be no risk of leaving the bullet in the barrel when you use a slight jam to the lands.
- Seating the bullet further out will reduce pressure slightly and if anything improve ballistics, but overall likely a negligible effect.
- You may want to give the Berger 168 VLD Hunting bullets a try if you have magazine capacity. They have a nice high BC. They will seat long in overall length, but will not touch the lands as soon due to the shorter bearing surface and longer nose.