Originally Posted by levrluvr
I'm scheduled for a selective nerve root block as well. I'm skeptical, at best, especially since the other two times I've allowed needles in my back put me in the hospital with spinal headaches; the runaway winner of the most intense pain I've ever experienced. Nothing else even comes close.
Supposedly these root blocks will pinpoint where the worst of my issues are. They are not intended to be a permanent solution, or so I've been told. The neurosurgeon I'm seeing uses them to pinpoint where worst of my troubles are coming from, given the large number of discs affected.

I feel for you low pressure headaches are the worst. I had a pituitary tumor that ruptured acting as a fistula allowing my spinal fluid to leak, plus swelling against my optic nerves. Oxy had nothing on the pain. Unfortunately, my MRIs and contrast CT scans occured before the rupture and leak, so the doctors were in no big hurry. A few weeks of low presssure headaches will make you crazy. Ironically my headaches caused by the tumors began 5 days after a spinal injection. They checked me for leak, and found the tumor, but at the time of the MRIs the leak had not occured. I got an appolagy from the doc after surgery. He did not realize what was going on until he got in there rooting around.