Originally Posted by 458Win
I have at least a half dozen of them on various rifles and doubt there is a lighter, tougher, handier scope made. I've used mine on bears at five yards, moose at 400 and sheep close to 500.

Well, that is pretty clear experience with extending ranges using a 2.5X. I can't say that I'm too surprised that it would work that well for a skilled rifleman but it is reassuring to hear. Which reticle do you prefer?

Originally Posted by extremesolo
When adjusting the M8 scopes, what do the dashes represent? I have looked for this info and could not find it. Are they 1/2" at 100, 1/4" at 100 or do you just have to guess and adjust it by trial and error?

With a friction adjustment (or with clicks that don't track consistently) I prefer to have the rifle solidly rested and turn the adjustments while the scope is lined up on target and watch it move onto the zero that I want. The easiest way is to fire one group (or one round if you are confident) then line up the crosshairs where you want your point of impact to be. Turn the adustments until the reticle is in the middle of the group that you fired. That should do it.

"Hail to the King, Baby!"
Ash, Army of Darkness