Hey Seafire, I'm not from nor have I ever been to Oregon, but I just had to investigate your fear that your state would prosecute you for defending your home. In the yahoo search engine I typed "oregon home defense law" and this article was one of the first (and many) to pop up and it was just reported yesterday:

Fatal SE Portland shooting was self defense

Fatal SE Portland shooting was self defense

by KGW Staff
Bio | Email | Follow: @KGWNews

kgw.com

Posted on April 1, 2011 at 3:14 PM
Related:

* Friend IDs man killed in Portland shooting

PORTLAND -- A man killed in a Southeast Portland apartment Thursday was shot by his neighbor in self-defense, police said.

The Oregon State Medical Examiner concluded Friday that 49-year-old Vincent Lee Wyatt, of Southeast Portland, died from multiple gunshot wounds.

Dale Lloyd Duncan, 69, was in his own apartment and banged on the wall to alert the next door neighbor that the noise in that apartment was too loud, according to Portland Police Sgt. Pete Simpson.

Background: Friend identifies man killed in Portland shooting

Wyatt was visiting the next door unit and went over to confront Duncan, at which point he entered Duncan's residence, Simpson said. Wyatt threatened and pushed Duncan, so Duncan got a handgun and fired several shots.

Simpson said Wyatt then fell and landed on top of Duncan, who is medically fragile. When police arrived, Duncan was calling for help, with Wyatt lying on top of him.

Wyatt died at the scene and Duncan was transported to an area hospital for an unrelated medical condition. Duncan has cooperated with investigators.

No arrests were anticipated and no charges were expected to be filed in the case, as investigators determined the shooting was self-defense.

We're still in America, and we are still entitled to a trial by peers. I could never imagine 12 people all agreeing to send you to prison for killing a thug with a weapon trained on your loved one/self. Governments/laws be damned, the trial by peers infallibly enters logic into their (lawmakers) mostly illogical thought processes. God Bless the Founding Fathers, God Bless America!

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

"Normal" isn't coming back; Jesus is!