Originally Posted by Flyfast
I'm not sure that that majority of people supporting access to abortion are moral relativists, whether normative or descriptive. While certainly there are some who find nothing wrong with abortion, I don't think it's an accurate depiction.
You have stated uncertainty about the moral position of a lot of people, and have expressed doubt about the depiction. Can you offer evidence to support your doubts? Do you know the minds and souls of all those people? For openers, would you care to explain how someone who supports the killing of babies is operating from anything other than a relatavistic (im)moral premise?

Many take the position abortion is a a wrong, but that the particular wrong is not something that lends itself to prohibition through laws and earthly judgment, due to the unique circumstances. It then is left to the woman and her maker.
How, and why, would a morally grounded person take a position such as you depict? What is unique about a parent killing an unwanted child? (I wish it were unique.) What matters of morality are NOT left to the individual and her/his Maker

The irony of this thread,of course, is that 90% of Planned Parenthood's patients are there for contraception, for the prevention of a pregnancy,rather than an abortion. Around here, none of the Planned Parenthoods even perform abortions.
How can one find any basis for irony here. You seem like a nice and thoughtful (to a point) person, but this statement seems to indicate a delusional state - or intake and digestion of PP kool-aid.

Last edited by CCCC; 04/06/11. Reason: sp

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron