Originally Posted by Eremicus

Under unusual conditions, the premiums do make a difference. I've seen the little 95-100 gr. Nosler Partition break some very heavy bone and still punch a hole in the critter's lungs. Something the same Cor-Loks won't do.
Could you please expond on this? Are you talking about Texas heart shots? I have no experience with those but have seen each and every Cor-Lokt that I have experience with seeing broken shoulders and devestated heart/lung damage. That includes a half a dozen black bears taken out of our 2008 camp. Cor-Lokt's were the stated choice of the outfitter and the results that I saw were impressive and proved why the outfitter advised his hunters to use them. On that hunt I used 180 Speer Mag Tip. I missed the shoulder and hit the bear right behind the shoulder with a high double lung shot. Complete pass thru with one rib broken on entrance and three broken ribs on exit. Not bad results as far as I'm concerned. As I said, deer can be easily taken with great results from cup and core bullets, assuming good shot placement. When it comes to less than ideal shots, I have no experience so I cannot comment. I did have a friend hit a big whitetal right in the hind quarter with an arrow. The deer took a few steps, looked around, started to weave and dropped dead. Severed artery killed the buck. I have also used Nosler Partitions with great success and have great respect for them.