Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Dolphin

Thanks Doug for the validation. These are some of the finest binoculars I have ever used regardless of the price. I cannot believe that more hunters have not found them "yet." www.allbinos.com objective rating system scores them very high and while they are ranked in a different magnification category than some expensive European brands, scored very close. By the way Doug has these for:

Olympus Magellan 10x42 EXWP 1
Price: $249.99

Because it has "Olympus" on it would be my guess. Not exactly a name synonymous with hunting IMO. Is there any track record of durability or performance with hunters? The Burris Signature Select is fantastic, but I've never seen one being used in the field either.

Very true, Olympus is not a brand normally sold at sporting goods stores or big internet gun related web stores and therefore the average hunter is not going to think to look for a pair. As far a durability, they should be just a durable as any other roof prism binocular as they are a very well constructed instrument with a solid feel that exudes precision as was found by the www.allbinos.com team and I see no reason that Olympus would build them to be a delicate piece. I searched them out because of my association with their photographic equipment dating back to the OM series of SLR cameras. I took a chance and I bought them sight unseen and got lucky. I have used them bear hunting many times on the coast of NC to include in the pouring rain and they have not failed me yet.