For what it is worth, I have beat the eyeballs ou of my 835. I did have an issue with the firing pin not striking the primer hard enough (had to cycle 3 rounds and finally reload the fourth IOT kill one damn dumb turkey once). That said, I did clean the bolt really well and have not had any problems. So, perhaps the failure was due to operator maintenance. That thinh had grit accumlated from Minto Flats in AK to red clay from GA in it.

Someone recommended Benelli as well. I have the SBE and have had not problem with it and it has held up to the same loving hell.

I guess it depends on your budget. Dont know for sure, but you could likely buy 3+ 835s for the Benelli autos.

As for the benelli nova, I friend took one with us to Stutgartt AR for a duck hunt / ice braking party. It performed like crap and did not like the weather - the 835 and super black eagle performed flawlessly. Although I did have to use a lighter to thaw out the 835s safety selecter switch.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." -- John Adams