I had an 835 for a few years. When ever i shot 3.5 inch shells they wouldnt eject. I would have to break the gun down and use a leatherman to get the shells out. I was in a foggy, snowy mess of a spot with geese circling around me. One shot and no eject... take a minute or two to fix the gun and same event, stuck shell. I had every intention of wrapping that shotgun around a power pole, but in the thigh deep snow, I wasnt as mad when I finally got there.

When it came time to part ways, I couldnt give the gun away. Nice looking shotgun too. Tried like crazy to sell it for $200 and no takers. Finally traded it for an old Pepsi machine converted into a gun safe, which I sold to my brother for $250. The safe was much cooler than a unreliable Mossberg.

A family friend came to my cabin a few weeks ago with a brand new Mossberg. Every time he racked the slide, the shell would fall out of the bottom of the gun, onto the ground.

Another friend had a shotgun which if it was pumped with any aggression at all, the entire batch of shells would fall to the ground. This gun had about 7 years of use on it though. It wasnt new.

One thing is for sure... I wouldnt by a Mossberg shotgun again for anything. Maybe a $100 410 or something to play with. I have witnessed very very few mechanical failures of fire arms, but every single one of them has been a Mossberg shotgun, or a dirty Ruger 10/22 ( which I love )