First of all, looks good.

Some thoughts:

No need to use the front screw when bedding, matter of fact I never do. Don't want the action to twist at all in the stock or have any kind of "stress" on it. It takes very little torque to apply unwanted stress.

Plug the the front trigger guard hole with with modeling clay, you can get it at WalMart.

When you set the barreled action into the stock take the trigger guard and the rear screw, place it into the stock while it is still in your vise and make sure it is positioned properly. Run the screw into the action, you can then remove it if you like. This will prevent any problems with fitting two piece bottom metal. I do it on one piece also. A biotch to have to redo one. Ask me how I know. sick

To ensure the bedding compound is level with the stock all you have to do is "shave" it off. Wait until the bedding compound starts to set up. You can test readiness by placing your index finger onto the left over amount (not on the stock), if it is sticky, wait another 30 minutes. Next time you test the compound will be "stiffer" but pliable. At this point take a "chopstick" or some such and and make a flat edge at the tip, kind of like you were whittling the end off. It should be sharp and square. Dip the end of it in some gun oil, place the stick at the edge of the bedding and "shave" it off going from the rearmost portion of the exposed bedding, sliding the stick against the metal. It will come off in a small ribbon. Nice and smooth and you don't have to worry about doing it later. BTW, if there is any left on the wood or plastic, "re-wet" with oil and shave if off the stock.

If there is any bedding "residue" left on the barreled action don't panic, you can leave it there and pick it off with the stick once it hardens or use a fingernail (that the reason for the One Shot as well-spray it all over, including your armpits). I've utilized this method for at least 15 years, don't need to use tape on anything.

Full length bedded the 9.3x62 with Acraglas. Bedding is level with stock, no need for a file. Saves a huge amount of time. One last thing, if you have over runs into the magazine mortise you can also shave that off. More time saved and no files needed. laugh
[Linked Image]

Here's a pic after the shave. No tape used. There is a very small seam between the wood and metal. Some of it is a little shiny.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Karnis; 04/21/11.