Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Good stuff. I used to really enjoy watching boxing back then with my Dad. He and I didn't get along very well at times but we always loved watching a good fight together. I wish he was still around today. I would classify my boxing history as pre and post Tyson. During the Tyson years, I pretty much lost all interest.

I think most people start off watching combat sports with their Dad. I remember my old man renting the first UFC's on VHS and watching them with him. I thought it was pretty cool - I remember watching UFC 7 with him and thinking Marco Ruas was the greatest fighter ever. Ever since then, we'd watch boxing or kickboxing together (Dad is a big Ernesto Hoost fan). When MMA started to get big again, we would watch that - IIRC, it was the old Pride show on FSN that Jay Glazer hosted. That's when I really started to follow MMA seriously.

And yeah, I've never been much of a fan of Tyson, although I think he was incredibly talented in his prime. I've always been more of a Holyfield fan.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan