Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Holyfield beating Tyson. I believe it was 1997? My father in law and i both had money on Evander. Tyson was outclassed by a counter puncher who was not afraid of him in the least.

The only reason people thought Tyson was going to win that fight was due to Holyfield having some really off performances, specificly the third fight with Riddick Bowe. People just didn't apprechiate what an awesome fighter Bowe was, and thought Holyfield was washed up. Didn't change the fact that Holyfield was a far superior technician than Tyson though, which is why he took Tyson to the cleaners.

Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Ali vs. Ernie Shavers. I'm guessing it was 1977. Shavers kicked Ali's ass. Ali got the decision.

That's one of my all time favorite fights. I thought Ali edged out Shavers, but barely. Shavers could have knocked out Ali early in the fight, but he thought Ali was just goofing around and didn't realize how badly he had him hurt until he went back and watched the tape.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan