Ironically or pun intended....I pulled the trigger today. 2011 Hoyt Rampage XT. Got killer reviews by several sources.

I hit 2 pro shots. The local Pro shop is who I went through. Sweet people. None of the "staff" are paid, and are there to promote archery and the sport. Never haggled on price and would have probably paid more to be honest with you, knowing I will get top notch service.

She gave me an additional $25 off for no reason whatsoever. And a new Team Hoyt hat.

Ordered it Black Out to be different. Figure if the deer looks up into the tree I am screwed anyway.

Have met a good group of people in my last month of searching for bows. A lot like Harley/Biker people. Most look like less than desireables, but nearly all will go WAY out of their way for you. Very comforting.

Be a few weeks out to arrive, then I will need a few weeks to pony up the money for the goodies.

But agree, sticker shock X 10.

I drew a Multi Season tag here in WA. It's standard in most states to be able to hunt whatever season with whatever weapon you choose, until you tag out. Here, it's a "privilege", a competetive draw, as well as an extra $180 option.

Well, I drew it. And I would guess that I will be so amped up I will tip over the first dink or doe I have within range, though this tag would give me the option to hunt our really nice Rut Hunt with some gaggers taken in my county.

Now to get some coaching and battle the target panic issues and hopefully have a great time with it. Just got my 11 yr old a 2011 Hoyt Ruckus, and the wife is not far behind with another Rampage. So we are trying to do the Family Thing.

Please God, give me some good tags this year....