Originally Posted by hunter1960
Originally Posted by NurseKat
My brother, Neal, and sister, Vicky, live in the area where .280 works. We were there last night. It was unbelievable. The area of interstate (I-20/59) between Tuscaloosa and Birmingham had some tree damage but the further west into Tuscaloosa county we drove, it was shocking. I cried just to think that something that powerful could have taken my family. The rest of my family was in the city limits of Tuscaloosa. All made it. I am eternally and profoundly thankful.

There's alot of places on Sand Mtn. all the way to the TN. border that are tore up. Areas between Huntsville & B'ham, such as Cullman, that were damaged. When i was in Tupelo this weekend, folks were talking about towns in MS. that have been flattened. This on the same line of storms that hit the B'ham area.

I can remember a tornado hiting our house when I was a small child. I have not seen another storm like the one that came thru Wed. ever in my life. As I have said, and will say again....Im profoundly grateful to be alive, my family alive and our property intact.

"Courage is Fear holding on a minute longer."
-Gen. Patton