i am a relatively new 99 collector and would appreciate some info if possible. i have recently acquired a 1899? in 250-3000 takedown. the serial number is 202,634 and butt plate forend and buttstock and action all match. it has the savge 15 windgage rear sight. the closest thing i can find in murrays book to identify it is the 1899 250-3000 but i have three things that do not match. the trigger is not cross checkered, it does not say savage model 1899 on the left side of the barrel and it does not have the perch belly butt stock. the markings on the barrel for where it was manufactured and the patents match the 1899, the windgauge rear sight matches the 1899, it has the shorter 10 1/8 inch foreend with fine checkering it has the integral front sight. i have read some about transition period around 1918 and 1919, could anyone help me identify this with a value. the bluing is approximately 90% even on the receiver and the wood is approximately 85% there are no additional holes drilled and everything seems to be factory except it is missing the rear elevator for the windgage sight. help!!!

Last edited by 303savage; 05/06/11.

guns to me are like legal crack