APDDSN0864;
While I've only worked on a couple of them over the years, they seemed to be very serviceable firearms from what I saw.

One in particular stands out in my memory. A coworker picked up one of the "ADL" Rangers in .300WM for a song because the birch stock was so beat up.

I epoxy bedded it for him and then he brought it to work where we sprayed it with some cabinet stain and a few coats of the same conversion varnish we used on kitchens.

As he was just beginning with reloading, I helped him put together some loads, as memory serves an accuracy load out of either an older Lyman or Hornady manual using H-4831 or perhaps IMR-4831 and 180gr Hornay Spires.

So we scoped it with an ancient Scope Chief, sighted it in and then the first 3 shots he takes at 100yds go into a nice 3/4" triangle!

He turns to me after the third shot and asks, "If we play with this thing a little bit it should shoot better don't you think Dwayne?"

Bless him, he figured they all should land in the same hole. laugh

That particular Ranger shot at least that well any time I was around it, which was as good or better than many, many that I had in the safe at the time. grin

Hopefully that was some use to you APDDSN and good luck whichever way you decide. All the best to you and yours this weekend.

Regards,
Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"