Originally Posted by Gobble
Bricktop I don't give a crap what it says the only reason it is written like that is because some firearms don't have serial numbers trust me the TBI will ask for the serial number when you call or submit it the know what make and models should have serial numbers when it comes back stolen they send your stores local Leo right then to verify and take the weapon and the records of who it came from
I would imagine you "don't give a crap what it says," because you're illiterate. It's patently obvious you're too [bleep]*cking stupid to understand what was posted and it's equally obvious you're too [bleep]*cking stupid to even form a coherent reply. (I mean really, what in the hell is that nonsense of the latter part of your post?) But I digress.

Read the f*cking post, dumbass. Read the the f*cking citation of the Tennessee law. It doesn't say a damned thing about checking the serial number and description of the firearm to be sold against a stolen firearms database. It states that the make, model, serial number, and description will be provided to the TBI. PERIOD. This is the same information that is on the BATFE form 4473. The only "check" that appears to be legally required is that of the buyer's legal eligibility to buy and possess a firearm.

All of this leads to the obvious question: are there a large number of stolen firearms in Tennessee that would compel the TBI to check every transaction?

Whatever the case may be, there is no requirement at the federal level that firearms be checked for stolen status as a condition of a transaction, nor is there a requirement in most states. Not even Tennessee.

Read the post before responding with any future idiocy, dumbass.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.