I don't cast but I use lots of Beartooth, Oregon trails and Cast performance bullets. Oregon trails "TrueShot Silver bullets" are unbelievably uniform in size, weight, OAL, and ogive measurements and produce the best accuracty in my shooters...a NEF BC rechambered to 45-120 so I can shoot all the different case lengths... a Browning 450 Marlin, and a Marlin 336 switch barrel, 356 W, 444M and I just installed a 45-70 barrel on it which I will rechamber to 458 American so I don't have to do so much work on the receiver to get that huge rim to work.

If you want an eye opener, compare the ballistics of a 300 gr bullet in a 375 H&H to the ballistics you can get from a 300 gr bullet in a 45 cal. I somehow catagorized shooters into "large and slow" and "small and fast" in my mind...and the two didn't come together until I was checking velocity and pressure for the Marlin rifle and happened to think "those numbers look vaguely familiar" then checked against my 375 H&H and 416 Taylor reloads...after I shot the first one which I had loaded for my BC and was surprized at the level of recoil compared to my 444M with 300 gr bullets I went back to my notes and really did some comparing...the velocity for a 300 gr in a 45-70 out of that 32" tube is well above what is produced in my 375 H&H and was up in the 2500fs plus range in the 22" Marlin...I'm now making a muzzle brake for that barrel. eek shocked grin

For all intents and purposes, ANY of the 300-350 gr "store boughts" in a 45-70, jacketed OR cast, will handle a deer at woods distances at not much more than 1500 fs and most people can handle the recoil without complaint.

One reason I did the "switch barrel Marlin" was to have a caliber I could match to the game...356W for deer size, 444M and 458 American (450 Marlin) for bear and larger.

Just find a bullet that shoot accurately in your rifle and you like the looks of and go enjoy your toy.. cool

Luck