Originally Posted by goodiewrench
Calhoun (15,000+ posts) said:
"Got one in 270.. shoots sub-moa."

There is a search function on this site.... surprised an "expert" like THOMASMAGNUM is unaware of it...... LOL

A few other comments from OWNERS:

1. The most accurate out of the box rifle, Ive seen in a Mauser straight pull "96" in 6.5x55. Great little rifle - sadly was discontinued. Parts, stocks etc have dried up. I found one dealer in Finland, I think - who had any parts. Some models came with detachable box magazines. Some came with plastic stocks, some were blued, others more of a Phospate coating. Some were drilled and tapped for the same bases used on Rem 700 actions...... Great rifles............

2. I just kinda stumbled across this one. I was tired of my 742...wanted some tighter groups, but something a little more unique than a regular bolt action. I was kinda kicking around the idea of an 1895 Winchester clone in .30/06, but I still wasn't quite sold on it. I saw an M96 at a local gun shop, and found a couple of positive write-ups and my search began. I found that prices varied wildly from dealer to dealer, and finally found a decent deal on one. Caliber choices were pretty limited, but I was looking for a .30/06 anyway, and that's what I ended up with.

Overall I'm pretty pleased with it. There's a bit more plastic on it than I'd care for, but on the other hand, nothing has broken yet, and I don't have to touch any cold metal to carry the thing. I would like to resolve the blind magazine issue, but I can live with it the way it is.

If you get a chance to check it out, you should by all means do so. It's a pretty good, fast little shooter. And I can pretty much promise you that nobody else in deer camp (Or the deer woods for that matter ) will have one.

Think we've answered the question about your credibility on this rifle........

When I did offer anything other than the simple statement I made. The OP seems to grasp that just fine.
I made no mention of the rifles accuracy, durability, etc.
I simply stated my personal dislike of plastic bolt handle. Something the very person you quote acknowledges as well.

However please continue to troll on. You're looking foolish yet again.
Its rather amusing.