Add language specifically allowing rifled barrels and chokes for shotguns to be used for big game. I'd concur on modifying the language to include 20 gauge shotguns. I'd suggest using the 230 grain weight single projectile language as that tracks the muzzleloader requirements. (Do you really want to have to discuss why a muzzleloader projectile must only be 230 grains but a shotgun projectile must weigh 245 grains?)I'd suggest more open language for optical sights so that it will clearly include non-magnifying type sights including aimpoints, holographic sights, non-magnifying telescopic sights etc.

Why again are you seeking to exclude double barrel guns? If someone is going to poach, by definition they are breaking game laws. Why would you restrict a legal hunter from using his double just because someone might poach a deer during the duck season? I have more or less the same question as to why you want to require sights. I suspect that if you have a shotgun only season that before long any person who is hunting the season will have a strong incentive to use a shotgun set up specifically for slug hunting. That has been the case in the US in "shotgun only" areas.