I think you missed Issa yelling at Assistant Attorney General Ronald Weich, and wanting him to produce the person who wrote that line in that letter.

The February 4th letter states, "At the outset, the allegation described in your January 27 letter - that ATF "sanctioned" or otherwise knowingly allowed the sale of assault weapons to a straw purchaser who then transported them into Mexico - is false."

It doesn't say that it's false to the best of their knowledge, it says that it's false. That's been proved a flat out lie. And he repeated it in a letter in May.

The media isn't going to be involved in this, Issa has the power all by himself to move this along and he will. It is NOT going to die.

And it won't be a "mid-level", acting ATF Director Kenneth Melson is proved to have been involved, and it will go higher than him.

I expect to hear about the next hearing and set of subpoena's to in the next day or two. I'm betting it will involve Newell, Melson, etc. Then they will have to name people in the DOJ, and the next hearing will involve them.