Originally Posted by 1234567
"It's the same formulation."

True, it might be the same formulation, but the deterant (sp? coating could be different, causing a slight difference in burning rate.

With something like this, the powder manufacturer could be telling the complete truth, but also being misleading.

Firstly, something of Australian law:
It is illegal for Lawyers to advertise - eliminating ambulance chasers and the mentality that goes with it.

Secondly, they have consumer laws beyone anything in the US. It is illegal to lie, cheat, falsly imply, or in any way deceive the public/consumer. If a company did that, a consumer can file a free claim at the relevant government department and a case will be heard within 6 weeks that is binding and only able to be appealed in the higher courts at great expence. The Dept of Consumer affairs has authority to "deregister" a company and prevent it from trading, so companies do not change specs to the detriment and not tell anyone.

Thirdly, you have safety to consider. If you made a powder faster burning intentionally, it would cause high pressure scenarios that would generate litigation. Remember that these powders are used internationally, in all climates. If you made a powder slower, it hurts noone and you would use a little more to get the same pressures.

HISTORY:

H 4350 is AR 2209. When first released in the 80's, it was a about 5% faster than IMR 4350. When ADI got the contracts of supply to Hodgdon, it changed the burning rate to slightkly slower than IMR which hurt no-one and made the powder more flexible in a lot of magnums so it was an improved product in the market place.

Hodgdon told me that they hold ADI to 2% variation lot to lot. I have recorded up to 6% but that was 20 years ago and Quality Systems, for which I am expert, are very much improved over that time.

Hope this helps.

John

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.