Originally Posted by BCSteve
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by BCSteve
Never been a fan of the .308 caliber, not sure why. Never realCycles well most of the time, will just have to play with the spring a bit for 100% reliability.

Steve, some judicious 600-emery work on the bottom of the feed rails can be a real help to the M70/WSM feeding.

I'm expecting an Edge for my M70 300 WSM in a couple weeks...

It doesn't seem to be a feed rail issue, just the follower I believe. First and second round feed fine but on the last one, the follower tilts back andthe front edge of the follower hangs up on the feed ramp causing the bolt to miss the last round.

Very strange but I've heard this is common. The reason I say strange is because my FN PBR XP 300 wsm has never had any feeding issues. It's basically a classic action but I'm wondering if it has a different follower. I've had problems before with the winchester model 70 pushfeed when they were using the el-cheapo plastic followers. As far as accuracy, my 300 wsm is extremely accurate and that gives extreme confidence whether I am at a shoot or bearing down on an animal. By the way, your rifle is very nice. I'm sure you will learn to love the 300 wsm as most of us here who have given them a try can attest to (besides bobinNH????). I don't know why he got rid of his since it was one of the most accurate rifles he's ever owned grin

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA