mauserand9mm - on my particular gun, the right bbl shoots about two inches higher than the left at that distance. Considering that 75yds is about as far as I would shoot this gun at game, it is not an issue.

Snowwolf - I understand what you are saying in regards to the thin bbls, but I don't really give it much thought. I just give it some time between shots. I'm not going to be shooting a bunch of shells thru it at any animals anyway. Also, at the pressures that the this 45/70 is made for (32,000) I really don't think it's a safety issue.

What everyone must understand is that this gun is really a poor mans double. That is what it was made for. If you buy one expecting it to do everything your Marlin Guide gun will do, you will be disappointed. If you buy it for what it is; a functional side by side big bore double that is just a fun gun to shoot then like me you will be happy with it. From what I have read, I probably hunt with mine more than most. But for the close range berry patch black bear hunting I do it's just perfect. Looking down those big bbls at a bear is as good as it gets.