I am one of the fortunate ones who was able to get hold of one of the Lipsey 26" No. 1 rifles (125 made so far.) I, like Grasshopper, expressed a desire for one, Jason from Lipsey's advised to stay tuned, then a friendly dealer/collector advised that he had three coming and saved one for me. I like the way it hangs but I have sent the high rings back to Ruger for exchange to lows and do not expect them back until after Labor Day. I may try the irons before then.The barrel is heavier than the 22" model. Same barrel contour as the .375s. I think I am going to like it. I am going to get some softer lead bullets and some paper patched pure lead and try them with black. It has been too hot to shoot here for weeks, mostly 105 to 110 with a few even more. jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero