It's bullet LENGTH, not bullet weight that governs twist rate...but since most heavier bullets are also longer, the two get mixed up.

Google "twist rate", you will get a bunch come up...all my twist rate calculatora are included in several of my software exterior ballistics programs.

I ran your 1.060" from 1200 to 3000fs and the twist rate was 18-23 so most "normal twisted" 35 cal will handle. The longest 35 cal I could find was the Nosler 225gr AB at 1.6" had an optimum twist rate of 16 to 3500fs. Woodleigh 310 FMJ were 1.44" long.

While you can certainly kill a bear with a pistol in hunting situations and John Linebaughs beautiful creations are awesome hunters and a joy to behold...in a surprise situation with ANY bear you don't have enough time to say "SHI*"...even if you THINK you're ready. A bear can run faster than a horse, have been clocked at 25-30 mph over several hundred yards and faster when really spooked...about 35f/s or more and can accellerate from sleeping to that fast in about a second...you might want to reconsider your thoughts on the matter.

I use a Mossy 3.5" 12 ga with my own 750 to 1000gr slugs mixed with Dixie Slugs 3.5" slugs and Tri-balls now and used a Fox double barrel "sawed off at both ends" to minimum lawfull lengths in the distant past.

I killed that yearling bear while it was just standing there looking at me at about 20 ft. Used the same pistol...S&W 4" Combat Masterpiece loaded with 38 specials, 158 gr RN lead bullets...that I used to use in competition, and I won a LOT of booty with it. I fired off a couple of rounds to scare it off the first time around and when it ran around the barn then started walking back, it was all over. The Mossy was leaning against my leg and if it was a full grown bear doing the same thing I would have hit it with 3 73 cal/12ga rounds as fast as I could the FIRST time...and I CAN work a pump pretty fast.

Just something to think about....reality wise.

Luck