Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
140 gr. accubond is what I use. I never could figure the logic behind using 160 gr 7mm bullet on deer.

I've shot deer and hogs from stem to stern and broken off shoulders on exit with 160's out of a 7 Mag.

If I see a 260 lb buck of a lifetime or a 500 lb Russian and have to send one up his pipe to get to the vitals, I know a 150 Part or 160 AB bullet will do it.

IME, they don't usually produce super quick kills if put behind the shoulder, but expand reliably and will leave 2 holes from any angle on the animals mentioned.

I usually go for the shoulders or the neck and they kill like lightening when put there.

I also don't like subjecting bullets to their velocity design limits, as I make mostly 70 yd and under shots.

Just my reasons for using them.

JM

I've had the same results out of the 140's so I don't see any reason to have a fast rifle and slow it down with a heavy bullet. If I go after elk I've got a couple of boxes of 160 accubonds sitting on the shelve, but I'm not worried about penetration from any angle out of the 140's on our small whitetails. To each his own.