Originally Posted by himmelrr
I am surprised no one has suggested the 154gr Hornady IL. A plain jane bullet that works well. I'm not sure how hard it would be to find since I only handload but Hornady does make it...

7mm-Rem-Mag-154-gr-SP

Ignore the price listed, they are always ridiculously high on Hornady's website.

RH

+1

The 154g Hornady Flat base Interlock is one tough bullet. It will penetrate on quartering shots, shoot through both shoulders on broadside shots.

On our first trip to Texas, we were doing hog extermination. All of the hunters were using 7 Mags and I had loaded them all with 63.0g of IMR 4350, Rem brass, 9 1/2 primers, 154g Hornady Interlocks. We shot holes through both shoulders of large boar hogs shoulders...ranch owner was very impressed. We were not worried since we had killed many Bull elk with the same load.

The 154g Hornady interlock is listed in their "Custom" line and will not break the bank.

If you like a little premium bullet, then the 140g Nosler Partition and 150g Nosler partition will give you added confidence...your gun will have a weight that you like.