Originally Posted by joecool544
Originally Posted by passport
Eddie's work is the best in the coating business period. Cant wait to have him build me an entire gun!

And you know this how? Have you used every coater out there that uses Cerakote to confirm it? whistle laugh

I've not used "all" of them, but I've used 6 different folks/shops to cerakote rifles and one shop to teflon coat a single rifle. Eddie and Karl Feldkamp have been the only 2 to return perfect work. When I have another that needs coating it will go to Eddie.

The OP made a reference to coating the bolt face... I recently recieved a rifle I had teflon coated (not by Eddie) which had the bolt face and lugs coated. It is a .223AI with a blind mag and I wanted to check feeding so I made some dummy rounds and did some testing. Feeds great...however...the pluger/ejector stopped kicking the dummies out. It seems the coating may have been enough to cause it to stick. This coating was also proposed as a slick coating...not something that should cause a part to stick. It did this off and on for about 30 rounds of feed testing. I removed the bolt and patiently worked it with the flat end of a nail head until it loosened up enough that it stopped sticking. It hasn't happened again since, but I haven't spent much time with the rifle since either....

Cerakote = thumbs up
Eddie's work = thumbs up
Coating the bolt face/lugs = thumbs down