Originally Posted by PatagoniaHunter
Hi,

Have anyone used a Meopta Meostar APO Spoting Scope? Seems to me one of the most underated quality SS. And its price is very, very good.

Thanks

PH

Well guys after pondering over this for a few days I decided to give the Cabela's APO, (Meopta), spotter a try. For $799 and the fact that I could return it for a full refund if I was not happy was just too much to pass up. It is a bit too big for me to want to carry as a back pack scope, but I still have my little Leupold for that. One of the main uses for this scope was for checking targets at 300+ yards, probably that was more important to me than the backpack thing as the Leupold is quite good for that use. I have no alpha spotters to compare side by side, but this scope is pretty amazing. I have not taken it to the range yet but looking at stuff from my front porch, I live in the country, it is very clear and bright and without question I can see small detail much better than either the Leupold or Nikon. When comparing Big Eye binoculars, I ended up with Meopta because they were soooo close to the alpha's at 1/2 the price. I would venture to say the same is true with this spotter, except it was 1/3 the price!

NRA Patron Member.