With all these threads about "need" lets have one about what really matters: what handguns are you enjoying shooting right now? I own some I don't enjoy shooting ::Glock, cough... Glock:: but they serve a purpose so I have them. Here's a few that fall squarely within the "enjoyable" category and I've been shooting them quite a bit lately:

Colt Shooting Master 38spl. Not much can beat a soft-recoiling large-frame 38spl target revolver, and the Shooting Master was Colt's finest offering between the wars. This one was made in 1931 and has an action that is as fine as any tuned Python I've handled. 148gr wadcutter; 1.8gr Bullseye.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I've been in a bit of a large-frame snubby phase lately and these two are just too much fun. S&W M27-2, 3.5" with aftermarket gold bead front sight; this one sees a 158gr LSWC over 2400. The bottom gun is a S&W M24-3 3" Lew Horton special run in 44spl. It gets a 250gr Keith bullet over 9gr of Unique. Soft-shooters these guns aren't, but they're not magnums either. Just fun old guns and if you haven't shot a short-barreled N-frame, you should. You'll never look at a Ruger LCR the same way again grin

[Linked Image]

And last, but not least, we have a Lipsey's exclusive Ruger Blackhawk 45LC/45ACP convertible flattop. Running a 250gr LSWC over 5.5gr of Hogdon Trailboss in the 45 Colt cylinder gives almost no recoil and decent accuracy out to 30 yards. Good times with a soft-shooting single-action, the kind of thing that makes you forget all about whether a Glock is better than a 1911 laugh

[Linked Image]

So, what handguns are you enjoying presently?

Last edited by Oregon45; 10/25/11.