Stoney...

Yes, they do. I have one. It's call the Model 453.

The Model 453 is merely a Model 452 with a factory single-set trigger. As far as the "backwards safety" goes... I never use the safety on my Varmint-model CZ 453 (Varmint model = heavy 20" barrel, no sights). In addition, the 5-shot clip is "flush-fit" in the stock.

The Model 453 cost about $100 more than the Model 452 when new, so don't be surprised if a 453 owner wants to get some of that $100 back when selling the 453 used.

With careful adjustment of the small screw located next to the trigger inside the trigger guard, you can get the single-set trigger down to just "ounces" in trigger pull, but if you set it too light, it can be set off merely by moving the bolt-handle or flipping the safety on and off. But, again... I never use the safety and have never fired my CZ453 unless set up on a bench-rest. Therefore, there has never been any reason to fool around with the bolt-handle once a round is chambered.

While it was very accurate out-of-the-box, I had my gunsmith pillar-bed the action, fiberglas-bed the receiver and re-float the heavy barrel... and with Wolf Match Target ammo, it shoots 'most all of its rounds into one ragged hole at 50 yards. So far (in the past 3 years), I haven't run into ANY .22 rimfire rifles that will match the 453's accuracy. It's a REAL "sleeper"... (hehehehe)... and I've won several "free" soft-drinks thanx to the 453's excellent accuracy. grin

It probably wouldn't beat the best, most expensive "Annie", but it didn't cost those BIG BUCK$ either. See if you can find a CZ453 owner who is willing to part with his "baby" if you can't find a new one to buy.

Jus' my 2 �... smile

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...