Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Originally Posted by PeteD
Most accurate out of the box?
Take a look at what the serious smallbore target guys and gals shoot at the National Championships at Camp Perry (the people who are shooting 240 tens (out of 240 shots), and at the Olympics....mostly it'll be Anschutz and Walther.
As accurate as some of the other guns that have been mentioned are, one does not see them on the line in serious smallbore competition. Why do you suppose that is?
Of course, there is the cost issue....but that was not part of the OP.
Pete

I would say the reason is because it's a very small niche market. Most gun companies want volume sales. Also with a niche market like that its harder to break into the market. I don't doubt for a minute that Cooper could very well
compete in that market if they desired to.

MCH: I don't see what markets, niche or otherwise, have to do with the answer to my question ("Why do you suppose that is?" Why are Anschutz/Walther rifles the almost universal choice of elite shooters?).
It is not a matter of Cooper or CZ or Ruger competing....those shooters are always looking for some advantage - something that will give them another X -
if they could spend less and shoot as well or better, that is an easy choice for anyone to make. But, they don't use the Cooper's, et al, and it has nothing to do with marketing.
Pete

To be on the wire is life. The rest is waiting.
Karl Wallenda