Originally Posted by drover
Originally Posted by jim62
Originally Posted by drover
I am with you on your stance on this Seafire.

I certainly enjoy my time at the loading bench, not only is it relaxing but it lets me produce a product that is developed especially for my rifle, not a generic off the shelf load.

I guess I am a liar too because I certainly enjoy the reloading, and then I really enjoy going out to my bench and shooting what I produced.

drover

Drover you are not a liar,. just too intellectually dishonest to answer the actual question.

The question is NOT if you enjoy reloading...

The question is would you RATHER spend the time reloading rather than than shooting ammo for the SAME amount of $$..

The short answer is NO! - I enjoy developing accurate loads for my rifles, I enjoy the process of reloading and exploring the infinite possibilities of load development. I have a range at my home, I have a solidly mounted bench, and only have to walk 25 yds to shoot any time I desire. I am retired, my income is sufficient that if I chose to shoot just as much with factory ammo I could, but I choose to reload for the pure satisfaction it gives me. I prefer shooting centerfire varmint loads over the 17 and 22 magnums and the costs are no more to shoot the centerfire than shooting the rimfire magnums. If you or other folks like to put a price on your leisure time than good for you, for me it just that - leisure time.

As far as being intellectually dishonest - I took a look at a definition for it and found the following.

"The terms intellectually dishonest and intellectual dishonesty are often used as rhetorical devices in a debate; the label invariably frames an opponent in a negative light.[vague] The phrase is also frequently used by orators when a debate foe or audience reaches a conclusion varying from the speaker's on a given subject".

So by your using these definition it would appear as though you are attempting to frame me in a negative light because my conclusion is different from yours. About the nicest thing I can say to that is - Get over it! Who in the Hell made you the moderator of how I spend my time.

I notice that you have over 5300 posts - how much per hour is that worth, or is that your leisure time?

drover

Like I said, if someone "enjoyed" their career should their time be valued at NOTHING?? Should they litterally work for FREE?

Frankly, I don give a rats azz HOW much you like reloading OR if you are so WEIRD you enjoy assembling ammo MORE than actually shooting.

Just DO NOT try to tell me the average shooter is "saving" money assembling ammunition reduced centerfire loads vs Rimfire magnum ammo.

Frankly, Drover YOU jumped in on this this thread when I answered Seafire, so if you got your feelers hurt being called a LIAR here, then BLOW ME.. grin

And guess what? While I ENJOYED posting that last sentence, at least I am not trying to blow smoke up everyone's azz by claiming I am saving money doing it.

Last edited by jim62; 11/14/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt