Originally Posted by "Todd Starnes"
President Obama did not include any reference to God during his weekly address titled, �On Thanksgiving, Grateful for the Men and Women Who Defend Our Country.�

His remarks were void of any religious references although Thanksgiving is a holiday traditionally steeped in giving thanks and praise to God.

The president said his family was �reflecting on how truly lucky we truly are.�

For many Americans, though, Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on how blessed and thankful they are.

The president said the �most American of blessings� is the �chance to determine our own destiny.�

He called the very first Thanksgiving a �celebration of community�

�We�re also grateful for the Americans who are taking time out of their holiday to serve in soup kitchens and shelters, making sure their neighbors have a hot meal and a place to stay,� he said. �This sense of mutual responsibility � the idea that I am my brother�s keeper; that I am my sister�s keeper � has always been a part of what makes our country special.�

The president said that belief is �one of the reasons the Thanksgiving tradition has endured.�

But nowhere in the 11-paragraph address does he mention the Almighty.

The comment of Todd Starnes shows it like it is: typical Marxist rewriting of history. So no, I am not surprised at all.

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?